Yesterday’s post talked about parsley’s superfood status and why that should come as no surprise since all real foods are good for us. Start getting more of parsley’s goodness into your diet with this quick and versatile pesto that tastes great on everything from spaghetti squash and salmon to white fish, chicken and pasta. Because it doesn’t rely on warm weather basil, it’s affordable and easy to make in winter, when its luscious green is a welcome sight.
- 3 cups loosely packed parsley (stems included)
- 3 cups loosely packed cilantro (stems included)
- 2 med. cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. minced jalapeno pepper (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 large lime)
- 1-2 tsp. red wine vinegar, to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 large orange, skin and membranes removed, diced to ¼”
Combine everything but orange pieces in food processor and pulse three or four times until fairly well blended, but not mushy. Pour into a small serving bowl and stir in orange pieces. Taste and add more jalapeno, lime, vinegar and/or salt and pepper, to taste.